15sep2:30 pm3:30 pmEvent OverVirtual ClassPenmanship: Print for K-2nd grade2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Instructor: Alison Culver Grade Level:Elementary SchoolSubject:English,Life Skills
Goals: for students to print and write letters legibly and efficiently, so that writing becomes fluent and automatic;for students to develop a sense of
- for students to print and write letters legibly and efficiently, so that writing becomes fluent and automatic;
- for students to develop a sense of pride in their writing.
Students need to recognize that letters:
- have special features such as sticks, curves, and
- can be short or tall;
- are formed in specific ways;
- need to be turned in the proper direction, or it
- could change its name (b, d);
- have names;
- have an upper case and lower case form;
- have sounds, and they may make more than one
- sound when combined
Students will learn how to:
- Position paper appropriately
- Hold writing implement appropriately
- Write on the lines
- Start at left margin
- Leave appropriate space between letters
- Form letters fluently
- Leave appropriate space between words
- Write legibly
- Slant letters in the same direction
- Take pride in handwriting
- Use upper and lower-case letters where appropriate
This class meets twice a week for 60 minutes, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:30p-3:30p. The registration price includes all 8 classes.
SERIES CLASS SCHEDULE
|DAY OF WEEK||DATE & TIME|
Virtual Class Details
Class has already taken place!
(Tuesday) 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Alison CulverMrs. Alison Culver holds a degree from Smith College in Education and Child Study. She has taught elementary education and reading in public school and homeschool settings and owns and operates a cottage school in the Memphis area.
Register for this class
Registrations are no longer available for this class!